Klava Z. is the Lead Makeup Artist for Burberry Beauty in Ottawa, previously representing Giorgio Armani and MAC over her 10-year career. She is skilled in creating current and flawless looks that align perfectly with the unique vision behind each project.
She has an expanded perspective on beauty, having experienced life in cities across the globe and worked on international platforms, such as the Vancouver 2010 Olympics and Cannes Fashion Week. Ever enthralled with emerging trends, Klava channels keen insight and inspiration into every look she creates. No two looks are the same when are so many dimensions of beauty to explore and each canvas is unique. As an Educator, Klava leads seminars for industry professionals on makeup techniques and emerging beauty trends.
In her youth, Klava was self-conscious and used makeup to hide her flaws. She idealized that “perfect” image of beauty, not believing she had true beauty herself. After traveling extensively and applying makeup on women as her profession, Klava realized there is no one image of beauty. This realization freed Klava from seeing makeup as a necessity, to seeing it as a tool for creative expression! Playful. Inspired. Free. For Klava, makeup is an adventure; an opportunity to take risks, try new things and discover what’s possible.
- Olympic Games Vancouver 2010 Opening Ceremonies
- Ottawa, ON: Lead Artist Runway For Hope FW 2015-2016, Runway for Hope SS 2015, Tie The Knot – Urban Wedding Show 2015, Sizzle with Sid Gala, Ottawa Fashion Week WF 2013, Ottawa Wedding Bridal Show 2012,
- France: Cannes Fashion Week SS 2013
- Victoria, BC: Persuasion Fall Fashion Show 2009, Fashion Fights Cancer 2011, key makeup artist for 2 shows for local fashion boutiques
- Zarucci Bridal Catalog
- McMillan Creative Agency
- Reel Impact Communications
- Rogers Media Inc
- Bayshore Shopping Centre
- RBC Bluesfest Ottawa
- Minto Group Inc
- Wells-Garbe Productions
- Bellyfit Earth Fitness DVD cover
- Power Yoga with Melissa video
- Local fashion boutiques in Ottawa, ON and Victoria, BC
- Lookbook Muse Clothing
- Beauty Features/published in Press The Fashion, Ottawa Bride, Ottawa Life, Antidote Magazine, Fajo Online, Ottawa Citizen Style, Krowd Magazine.
- Ottawa Citizen Style Nov 2015 – featured Makeup Artist of Ottawa in the article on Holiday Makeup www.ottawacitizen.com
- Contributing Beauty Editor at Be Healthy Be Beautiful Ottawa magazine and Brides Ottawa magazine.
- Frequent educator at Versailles Academy of Makeup Arts
- Organized and facilitated multiple group makeup seminars
- Facilitated makeup seminars on current trends at MAC
- over 300 professional headshots, weddings, grads, special occasions, personal photo shoots, boudoir and fitness photoshoots.
- Currently representing Burberry Beauty in Ottawa. In the past artist and manager for Giorgio Armani cosmetics and MAC.
Mastered – Val Garland School of Makeup
MAC Pro Makeup Seminars: Pro Artist, Fashion Show, Bridal.
Elements of drawing course